Every day as students come into the library, I have a request:
"Mrs. Montague, do you know where there are any good books?"
I always try to remember to ask key questions for students to help them choose a book that they will LOVE:
1. What kinds of things do you like?
-->hopefully, this will generate a topic list that I can use to give students direction
2. What are you reading in class during DEAR time?
-->most of our teachers let students pick what they will enjoy reading
3. Are you willing to try something different than you normally choose?
-->students often get hooked on one author or illustrator or series
I have found that using questions like these, I am usually able to put great books in student hands!
What questions do you use when helping kids pick out books?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment