Did you know that School Library Journalhas an excellent news section for school libraries? It's a great way to see what's going on and what is available for our libraries. Check it out!
A discussion place for school librarians to brag, boast, and blow your own horns!
News Articles of Interest
Lots going on in the world of librarianship--much of it is newsworthy. Here are some linked articles that I have run across in the past week or so that I wanted to include:
Welcome! There is an extremely critical connection between school libraries, literacy, and home. This blog will explore some of the ways that school libraries can serve students and meet their literacy needs.
What We're Reading
Library Skills classes have been absolutely incredible during this first semester. What are we reading? Check it out:
Preschool: various authors--Christmas/winter theme Kindergarten: various authors--Christmas/winter theme 1st Grade: various authors--Christmas/winter theme 2nd Grade: Roscoe Riley RULES #2 by Katherine Applegate 3rd Grade: The Giants and the Joneses by Julia Donaldson 4th Grade: Hank Zipzer: The Curtain Went Up and My Pants Fell Down by Henry Winkler
Little Library on the Prairie
The Big Sandy School library is a great place to learn and grow!
I have been a school librarian for four years, and I LOVE my job. I am blessed to work in a small, rural school where our student population includes students aged preschool through 12th grades, and we all share one building!
Our school library is unique because our school is unique. Our collection is very well-rounded and is separated and organized to serve our students. A school library should meet the needs of all students as they pass through the stages from early literacy into academia.
No comments:
Post a Comment